Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Thursday 16 October 2014

4 Key Decisions: Track

The chosen track to fit the given brief is "The XX - Heart Skipped A Beat." The record company that owns the song is "Young Turks" and. The song is also from the Electronic/Alternative genre which is ideal from our target audience.
 
Initially we had a issue with lots of songs in the Electronic/Alternative genre. There was a reoccurring problem of the songs having no progression. This meant it was difficult to think of ideas for an interesting music video which would hold the focus of the audience, even if we really liked the song.
After some research, I suggested this track to my group because I had a rough idea of how a music video for this song would go. When I told my group the idea they also were able to think of a multitude of ideas and very soon so we knew it was the right track for the group. Louis has a VHS camera so we'd always been keen to incorporate some VHS footage into the music video, irrespective of the track; I had an idea of putting in the VHS shots in the instrumental sections of the song and together the group came up with loads of ideas different ideas surrounding it.
Unfortunately, the track is 4 minutes long, 1 minute over the given maximum time length set by the exam board, so as a group we will need to identify ways in which we can solve this problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment