Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Saturday 19 July 2014

2. What have you learnt from participating in each of the prelim tasks?

19755555
Clip from the audition video
Task 1: Audition
The audition was quite fun to do because luckily I was paired with my good friend Mari, so I felt comfortable to look a bit silly in front of her. It was awkward to begin with but the more we got into it, the easier it became. It helped me learn how to lip-sync whilst performing and also helped with learning the song because I hadn't heard it before. I think because it was just two of us, it was more silent in the room at times, but getting used to overcoming initial nerves meant it was easier on the shoot to be in front of the camera, because I was grateful to not be the focal point as I was in my single shots in the video. Editing the audition video also gave Mari and I a chance to learn how to sync music with our lip syncing which we initially found very hard as we tried to do it shot by shot but then we decided to look at the performance beds of the clip and match it to the track - this was a lot easier.


Running through some poses in the rehersal
Task 2: Learning and Practicing Your PerformanceI found this very fun as it gave me an excuse to play music very loudly and lip-sync in the mirror. I found it difficult to practice the exact movements of the car because it was a Vespa. So I mainly focused on her quite animated facial expressions when I was at home, and used the performance rehearsals to learn the movements I could do on the bike.




Task 3: Costume Planning
On set in costume
Luckily, the only contribution I had to make towards my costume was the shoes. On the first day discussing costume, Georgie said she had a top which could be the upper part of the dress and a member of the make-up and costume team, Olivia, enjoys fashion design and so made a lace skirt with similar red material to the one in the video. I simply had to attend a fitting session for the top and have Olivia take my measurements. Although, I've learnt from other people in the group that costume does need to be brought in quite promptly to ensure if everything fits and if anything additional needs to be bought if nobody has it to lend. Also, on the shoot costume needs to be looked after very well to avoid losing things, especially if they don't belong to you.

Bike scene Set-up

Task 4: The Shoot
This was definitely my favourite part of the project. Not only was it fun, it taught me the importance of teamwork, organisation (particularly time keeping) and co-operation. I got a deeper insight into the logistics of the shoot. This was fun because I usually watch a lot of music videos so it was interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes.




Task 5: The Edit
This task was definitely an initial challenge just because I find editing music videos is a lot more fiddly than editing any short film sequence which I have been used to. It mostly helped build up my confidence with Premiere Pro and improve my grading skills. Becoming more accustomed to synching the music with the mouth movements in each shot will definitely be a transferable skill for our shoot.



No comments:

Post a Comment