Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Sunday 20 July 2014

1.Did you enjoy the workshop day? What were your best bits and why?

I really enjoyed the workshop day, it exceeded all my expectations. Not only was it really fun and cool to take part in, it was also a great day of learning as well. I found it very interesting to watch how the combined efforts of different groups (makeup, sound, lighting, actors) came together to work like clockwork on the day in a very professional manner.


Some of my favourite things were working with old latymer students who are now very successful like Dom our Director and Jack. It was quite inspirational as a lot of people stigmatise the subject Media by saying its 'pointless' but they both seem to be getting a lot out of their careers and from being able to speak to them I found there are endless roads to go down with Media.


Another quite new experience was the makeup. I am generally not a very glamorous person, so being able to be made up by a professional make-up artist was a really funny experience but one which I enjoyed nevertheless.

Getting my makeup done
Finally, personally I enjoyed the challenge of having to work more precisely to the camera which was out of my comfort zone because I'm more used to stage acting. I also enjoyed the big screens which allowed us to see through the cameras eyes and therefore understand the importance of blocking and how differently they could make a set up appear.

Beach set with the big screen

No comments:

Post a Comment