Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Friday 18 July 2014

4. How do you think your prelim experience will impact on your approach to next terms music video coursework?

From this experience, I have learnt a lot more about camerawork, the importance of organisation, lip-syncing, acting for the camera and how to deal with one of my biggest challenges which was editing.


EDITING
Due to being away during the assigned editing week, it added more of a challenge for editing. I didn't realise how difficult I would initially find it until I got down to it as editing a music video, to me, is a lot different from a film sequence. However as I edited more, it became easier, I learnt how to do some new things which made editing easier. I also found myself enjoying the color-grading aspect of editing and I think it will be one the strengths I can offer my group for the music video coursework. The experience also made me appreciate how difficult editing really can be but the importance of persistence.

Camera lashes that were put in during editing to replicate the original

IMPORTANCE OF ORGANISATION AND TEAMWORKI'm not a very organised person but this taught me the importance of having everything organised and scheduled. Having to make sure all costume and props were in school and that I was in the right place at the right time. I know that when it comes to making my own music video I will make sure all possible aspects have been thought out, organised and if possible scheduled to ensure there is a guideline because things do get quite hectic. Also, I learnt that in order to get things done properly, everybody needs to help and communicate at all times.


Me helping block some of the guitar movements when a guitarist was on break
LIP-SYNCHING AND REHEARSALLearning how to believably lip-sync will make it a lot easier to make a realistic video when it comes to making my music video next term. The warm-up performance classes were beneficial to loosen everyone up and helped us to feel confident around each other. They acted as a ice-breaker between everyone (students or team members) and I think made us give overall better performances because we didn't mind messing up in front of each other.
Also, from this experience I learnt the importance of rehearsal and practice. I thought sitting and posing on a bike would be a lot easier than it was - rehearsing allowed me to see how I actually had to do it, and it was a lot more choreographed then I expected. This process reiterated the "easier said than done" idea and from this experience I know that the work involved with any part of the music video shouldn't be under-estimated. I will also make sure we rehearse because it makes everyone feel more comfortable on the actual shoot.

Me and Abi rehearsing some of the bike scene
So, overall, I think the main things I will remember for my own music video are to:
  1. Stay organised
  2. Make sure everyone (including myself) steps out of their comfort zone (either through performing or in editing) as weaknesses shouldn't be ignored
  3. Have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment