Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Thursday 18 September 2014

Inspirational fashion, art, movements, films

Some fashion and art movements are quite inspiring and the style seen in them, I feel, can be adapted to the website and the album cover and maybe aspects of the music video.

Surrealism
Surrealist art 

Surrealist Art
Surrealism is the cultural movement which began in the early 1920's, best known for the visual artwork and writings. The aim was to eradicate the idea of dreams and reality being mutually exclusive. Art produced places everyday objects and things in illogical scenes. The unexpected juxtapositions are thought provoking. I really like the idea of a basic image distorted because it begins to add different levels of meaning to something originally quite simple.

Psychedelic Art, Minimalist & Neo-Expressionism 



I also really like art from these 3 art movements (left to right: Neo-Expressionism, Minimalist and Psychedelic Art). Neo-expressionism evokes feelings of recklessness and anti-conformism which I love because I feel the movement captures the freedom art gives the artist to do whatever they want. The abstract nature of minimalism appeals to me because it urges the viewer to interpret it however they feel since it gives very little away. Thirdly, I have always found the kaleidoscope and fractal patterns in psychedelic art really interesting to look at. The way entoptic perceptions are depicted in psychedelic art is very appealing to me because I feel the artwork manages to capture small frequent everyday details which are frequently ignored/dismissed by the eye.

I would find it really interesting to combine different elements of this movements for the website/album cover as although they are all carry the theme of freedom of expression/interpretation which instantly makes me think of youth/youthful quirky performers.


Fashion



I really like bohemian/ethnic fashion and I think it can tie in with the type of music video I would like to make. I also like the idea of layering garments, different fabrics and patterns because its similar to how music videos can have layers of meaning.

Films

Requiem for A Dream
I love the entire Requiem for A Dream film however what I find very cool in particular are the quick snappy shots in the drug taking segments which add to the impulsive nature of drug taking. I think attention to using fast/slow paced shots could help create certain feelings and moods 

Enter the Void
Enter the Void is a film that forces the viewer to constantly be thinking but concentrating which I think is really interesting. There is a clear link between the film and the psychedelic art movement which I find interesting as its a reassurance of being able to link a video with art.

General Visuals

Kojey Radical - The Garden Party


Layeredscreens
I like the entire look of this video. They managed to create a very clear aesthetic and hold it throughout. I'm particularly interested in some parts of the video like when the two screens are layered (1:32). I think it works really well with the two shots which are very different (long shot and a close up) but since that have the same forest setting there is still some sort of unity between the different shots.

Amalgamation | A Short Film


I think this video is really cool, its strange and slightly sci-fi which I am inspired by and would like to explore. I like the random blur, jolts and switches between the pace - I think in a music video they could be used if you wanted to give quite a disorientating experience to the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment