Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Monday 15 September 2014

What is selling well?

The music I would be interested in making is usually not the type you'd find in the charts but it is interesting to see what's selling well and what aspects of it could be adapted to suit what I envision for my music video.



There is quite a variation amongst the popular music in the UK and although dance music is becoming a lot more popular, In my opinion I think the reason Pop songs still reign is because they appeal to all ages, especially those in early teens who are willing to pay for CD's and who's parents will pay for concerts, and 30-40 year old adults who like to sing along to popular songs. 

Its also apparent that if you're a UK artist you're immediately more likely to do better than if you're a foreign artist as, 80% of Top 10 albums are from UK artists, UK and International male artists seem to dominate the album charts with 60% presence in the Top 10. 

The rise of the Internet in the past couple of years and the increasing use of social media means that artists on a tighter budget can showcase themselves as people more and reach out on a more personal level to fans, which will may then translate into sales.


No comments:

Post a Comment