Hello and Welcome to my A-Level Media Blog. My Name is Vivian Oparah [0621]. On this project, I have been in Group 5 and worked with Louis Caldwell [0131], Sebastian Hodge [0330] and Joshua Brooks [0110]. To navigate around my blog, you can click any of the headings under the 'Labels' subtitle on the side of the page - this will filter posts into the various stages of the project.
At the bottom of the page, there is a link which takes you to 'Older Posts' which can be clicked on as well.
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoy my blog!

"NTLS - Heart Skipped A Beat" Music Video


Our Music Video

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover
NTLS Self-Titled Digipak Cover

NTLS Website

NTLS Website
Right-click the image and select "Open link in new tab" as this will take you to the official NTLS site

Wednesday 17 September 2014

Suitable Tracks for the Single

Baring in mind some of the restrictions but also the style I envision for my music video, here are some potential tracks I'd like to look into doing:


  • I like the chill vibe of this song and feel like although its talking about a couples failings, it can easily be centered around a female lead.
  • I already really like the video for this song and think it would be quite a challenge to create something different to it
  • The song is also quite short so would be easy to work with



  • I really like the idea of a narrative music video and feel like this is a great song and one which a lot of different story-lines could be extracted from
  • The song title is called 'Retrogade' which means negatively moving backwards. I really like the idea of a music video in reverse which I have seen done a couple times and would like to explore the idea of a the girl who is being talked about, regressing to a poorer mental state from happiness, in reverse.
breezeblocks
Clip from Alt-J video, Breezeblocks. The dispute between a couple is
shown in reverse.


  • I quite like the openness of this track, it sounds quite romantic but can also be perceived as quite sad, so it would be interesting to explore the different layers of the song.
  • The title 'digital kids' is inextricably linked to our current generation of teenagers and I feel this would be quite interesting and current to explore. 
  • I really like this song and it has quite a stripped back 'rustic' feel. Although I think the music video for it already is really cool, I feel like it could be explored further through a narrative. 
  • The instruments through the track which almost sound like the beating of a clock could be looked into and something quite interesting could come out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment